I’ve been trying to get ready for Halloween. My favorite holiday allows for so much fun. So I thought I’d finally succomb to the temptation and get some special effect contact lenses just to accessorize some of my costuming plans. I settled on black-out lenses.
Having never required contact lenses, I didn’t know what awaited me. Pain, red eyes, and lots of tears. Turns out, I was using the cleaning solution instead of the saline to lubricate the lenses and fire-burning, red hot flaming eyeballs was my lot. After 30 minutes or so though, I did get them in place. They look okay but, whew, I now have much sympathy for my contact wearing friends.