Took this at a recent wedding. We like it. Whatcha think?
Yes, I’m a photographer. But here’s the deal. That’s only part of me. I know so many people whose profession is photography but it seems like they have no life outside of that. I understand obsession but balance is a good thing. So, photography is my profession but there are so many other things that make me Mark.
So, that’s what this little section of my website is about. Yes, I’ll talk about photography and some of the shoots I’m doing and maybe have some tips and tricks. But you can also read about other stuff that stirs my fancy as well. And I usually won’t post completed images from shoots here; that’s why my portfolio exists.
Oh, and if it looks like there are major gaps in writing. That’s because life got too busy. But I’ve got some systems in place to start making it easier to post here. Let’s just see how it goes.
Took this at a recent wedding. We like it. Whatcha think?
Every now and then I get a few free moments and get to shoot for fun. Often working with models from around the area, it’s beneficial for both of us. Here’s a few from my latest with Ashlee. She’s amazing. It’s really hard to take a bad image of her.
Okay, went to see Casino Royale last night. Holy cow! Now granted, die-hard fans may miss Q and Miss Moneypenny or the boys-and-their-toys gadgets or even the smirky tone. But in their stead is a riveting picture that, for all its globetrotting glamour and eyepopping action, demands we take this new Bond seriously.
The action has a toughness and sadism balanced with a touch of humanity that makes it all the better. Daniel Craig plays leaner, meaner and a whole lot darker. Let the purists squawk: In Craig, the Bond franchise has finally found a 007 whose cruel charisma rivals that of Sean Connery.
And do you remember when, as a kid, you came out of a movie wanting to be that character. Well, for the first time in decades, I left the theater with the distinct reaction that I wanted to be James Bond. Sounds like a movie review. I was that impressed. Go see it. It’s 2 hours and 24 minutes short. And I can’t wait till the next one.
I’ll tell you how cool our fashionable bridal photoshoots are… no, I’ll just let you see how cool…
Okay, maybe not cool. But really, really fun! Thanks Mystery Bride!
A friend sent me this and although I don't normally propagate such stuff, it really spoke to me. So, I post it, thinking it may cause someone else to stop and think a bit too.
1. QUIT WORRYING: Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?
2. PUT IT ON THE LIST: Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to Me. And although My to-do-list is long, I am after all… God. I can take care of anything you put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.
3. TRUST ME: Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with a relationship? Put them on My list. Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.
4. LEAVE IT ALONE: Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started? Leave them with Me and forget about them. Just let Me do my job.
5. TALK TO ME: I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't forget to talk to Me – OFTEN! I love YOU! I want to hear your voice. I want you to include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with Me. I want to be your dearest friend.
6. HAVE FAITH: I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me; you wouldn't want the view from My eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?
7. SHARE: You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.
8. BE PATIENT: I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.
9. BE KIND: Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences!
10. LOVE YOURSELF: As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only — to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to me.
Please don't ever forget….
I’ve been trying to get ready for Halloween. My favorite holiday allows for so much fun. So I thought I’d finally succomb to the temptation and get some special effect contact lenses just to accessorize some of my costuming plans. I settled on black-out lenses.
Having never required contact lenses, I didn’t know what awaited me. Pain, red eyes, and lots of tears. Turns out, I was using the cleaning solution instead of the saline to lubricate the lenses and fire-burning, red hot flaming eyeballs was my lot. After 30 minutes or so though, I did get them in place. They look okay but, whew, I now have much sympathy for my contact wearing friends.
Hey friends! Lissa and I were just doing some intensive editing this morning and noticed something. Most people think they need to tan before they come see us. No need. The editing processes we use tend to warm the skin somewhat and, therefore, freshly-tanned skin tends to take things over the top.
Not to mention the health reasons for not tanning. Want to know why Nicole Kidman doesn’t look 39 years old? She stays out of the sun. Granted, a lot of our damage comes from sun exposure that happens before we’re 10 years of age, but there’s no use in accelerating the process. Okay, off our soapboxes and back to editing.